PROSE is one of Europe’s leading partners for mobility engineering. We are an international team realising A-Z projects for the rebuilding/refurbishment of railway vehicles, development projects of sub-systems and components, as well as advisory and consulting assignments.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled Group IT Manager to our office in Pisa.
As Group IT manager you will be responsible for coordinating the PROSE international IT team, for the management of the IT infrastructure of the entire PROSE group and the systems adopted, as well as the customization and development of internal software solutions within the company. You will report directly to the group CFO based in the Swiss headquarter in Winterthur.
Important tasks for the role are to:
- Manage an internal IT team of 3 employees (placed in Pisa and Winterthur)
- Manage the relationship with suppliers of IT services and systems
- Manage the interfaces with the business units as a partner for the definition and implementation of projects
- Ensure efficient and reliable daily operations and ensure the use of group procedures through application and development of quality, security, and innovation standards with a view to continuous improvement
- Guide the digital evolution within PROSE by being a partner of the group's business units for the analysis of requirements and for the implementation of business processes through the systems in use
- Take care of and proposing any customizations, introducing new systems, and setting the necessary interfaces and integrations.
- Manage the internal IT projects and the operations of the international team
- Maintain relations with the IT divisions of external suppliers for the systems in use, manages their contracts, and monitors the activities carried out
- Being accountable for the overall IT costs
- Define the budget for activities and costs together with the team
You will be responsible for the entire infrastructure of the group, both on-prem (based on VMware) and in the cloud (Microsoft Azure) and responsibility for the PROSE tenant in Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Degree in Computer Science, Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience of at least 3 years as an IT Manager gained in complex and international realities. Previous experience in engineering service companies is considered a plus.
- Be a thoughtful technical voice and support the team and the stakeholders in making diligent architectural decisions
- Strong ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency and the delivering of high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Good knowledge of Office 365, Dynamics 365 F&O, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Power Platform and Microsoft Azure
- 3+ years of significant experience in software development using C#, framework Microsoft .Net, .Net Core, ASP.NET. Knowledge of web apps development and of container technology (Docker).
- Knowledge of the VMware virtualization environment and Veeam backup software.
- Strong skills in leadership, change management, team working, problem solving and project management
- Strong communication skills with internal and external interlocutors mainly of international level in different work contexts
- Excellent knowledge of English and Italian, both written and oral. Knowledge of German is considered a plus.
What we offer
- Committed and international team in a future oriented, environmentally friendly sector
- Opportunities to realize your innovative ideas
- Permanent contract
- Workplace: Pisa, Italy
- Benefits: meal vouchers, work/life balance – flexible working hours
How to apply
Please send your application in English (CV and personal letter) to email@example.com and name it Group IT Manager – Pisa